Monday, January 18, 2010

Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Graham Crakers...Sweet!





I've seen a few different ideas for s'mores cupcakes. This was on that I had to try! It's a combo of graham cracker and chocolate cake batter...the graham cracker batter on the bottom, topped with half of a large marshmallow, sprinkled with a graham cracker crumble, then topped off with chocolate cake batter, and a final layer of graham cracker crumble. Mouth watering yet??? I am going to have to work on these though. What I do like is that most of the marshmallow melts away. The good with that is that it melts into the cake batter leaving it with an even sweeter slightly gooey texture. The bad is that it can leave a hole in the middle of the cupcake. I think the key there is to make sure there is enough chocolate batter on top. It's difficult to find that balance the first time because you don't want to overload the cupcake! Haha, I saw the potential for a big mess on the bottom of my oven. I did top these off with a chocolate frosting, piece of a Hershey bar, and a mini marshmallow. These might be one of my new favorite cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment