Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Party Time!!!


I had not made a custom cake in a while and this one got me back on track! As a gift to my mother-in-law I made a special birthday cake. We had a big party for her, so I figured we needed a fun cake. My sister-in-law said she wanted all 60 candles on the cake, yep...all 60 candles! That put a limit on what type of design I could have, but I managed to get them all on the cake! The cake was chocolate with a nutter butter buttercream, all covered of course in marshmallow fondant. The 60 was made with tinted white chocolated, poured free-handed. I was nervous about getting this one all the way down to Florida, but it made it in one piece!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! Our mutual friend Julia sent me the link to your blog! What cute cakes you make!! I will definately keep you in mind since I live in B'ham!

    We're also big Ashley B. and James Spann fans at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashely, this is great! Too bad I don't live closer to check out the product in person. Fabulous presentation. I'll have to get in line when you start shipping. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find a recipe for nutter butter buttercream? I am intrigued. Sounds delicious. Do you share recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nutter butter buttercream was simple! Just like making oreo buttercream, I just made a recipe of vanilla buttercream and then mixed in finely crushed nutter butters! I think it's typically 6-8 that I will crush and then just mix in. Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete