Saturday, January 9, 2010

Meep, Meep!



This cake was for my brother. We grew up with the Muppets, from the Muppet Show to all of the Muppet Movies. I had been wanting to make this cake for quite some time. Beaker was a lot of fun to put together. I made him after I made the University of Alabama cake. I finished around 1AM, but it was so worth it. I used 4 cake layers...I alternated vanilla and chocolate and used a milk chocolate buttercream. It was good...sweet with a lighter hint of chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good Ashley! I love the variety - you have made so many different types of cakes!

    I have a new cake cookbook that I can't wait to try out, its called All Cakes Considered. The author bakes 1 cake a week for a year and lets her co-workers eat them each Monday. Kelly's 30th birthday is coming up and I told him to pick the one he wants me to make... hope its an easy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! Oooo...I need to grab that book! It sounds really cool. I've been doing a lot of baking and then taking to work or letting Jeremy take whatever to work.

    ReplyDelete